Men and women were praised for their individual, team or community success at the ceremony, which was held on Wednesday at the Elizabethan Suite in Bury Town Hall.
Guest of honour for the evening was swimmer Claire Cashmore MBE, who has won gold, silver and bronze medals at the last four Paralympics.
The winners by category were:
- Changing Lifestyle Recognition Award – Marie Farnworth
- Sports Achiever of the Year – Jake Pope
- Disabled Sports Achiever of the year – Sidney Pritchard
- Volunteer of the Year – Lucia Cronin
- Coach of the Year – Ian Collier
- Community Club of the Year – Street Shakers Dance and Fitness
- Unsung Hero in Sport – Michael Maguire
- IWIYW Sporting Female – Danielle Collins
- School Commitment to PE and Sport – St Mary’s CE Primary School (Hawkshaw)
“The nominations this year were outstanding, and the winners thoroughly deserve this recognition. We can all be incredibly proud of them; they are a credit to themselves, their clubs and to our borough, and I wish them the very best of luck at the Greater Manchester awards.”